Monday, June 25, 2007

hrmph....

Sure everyone says something about the scissors but no one comments on the Eurydice set. *pout* As for the sheer number (get it.."shear"...well love would be proud of me) of scissors, mind you it is the merging of both our collections as well as tons of donations from people giving me their sewing equipment. I won't mention how many sewing machines (working and non) that are in my house.

I have been a busy little bee of late. Friday nite we threw a BBQ so of course it rained and had to move the festivities indoors. So that canceled the croquet match and the s'mores toasted at the fire pit, but it was fun anyway.

I finished the shawl for love's grandmother. I laid it out to show him when I bound of and then noticed something. Same dye lot but you can distinctly see the different skeins...son of a motherless goat!
I'm also working on a baby sweater for a friend. I have 3 skeins of yarn for it and a hat. I have two in the darker and one in the lighter. The hat was knit in the darker a while ago and I started knitting the sweater with the lighter main body with darker details....not enough yarn for that. So I frogged it all (i had done the back and the two fronts) and the hat and restarted with darker main body and lighter details. I'll do the hat a mix of the two. It's in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. Love the stuff...oh why don't I get more yarn??? I nabbed this stuff when It was discontinued. At least I'm working on my destashing.

I also had a late surprise gift from my old PRGE pal Obsidian Kitten! There is a beautiful tulip shaped bowl for candles...lets see the little bastard squirrels chop that off! A Batman button, some pretty pretty soap and a hand knit pot holder. The postcard has a picture of Charlie Chaplin from Modern Times. Not seen is the Fear Factor red fire ants gummies. Those didn't last long. Thank you again! It came at the perfect time as all your packages did.

Ok off to get my hairs cut by a professional, buy a pin drill and to the doctor's for some paperwork. Then to love's company picnic where I will try to behave myself. well...maybe.

2 comments:

Obsidian Kitten said...

i'm so glad you got it! =)

and hey, i recognize one of those pair of scissors down there...heehee!

Nothing Left said...

I hate it when you spend weeks knitting something only to finish and see clearly that the quality assurance guy was hungover the day my yarn's dye lot was labeled. It makes me want to scream at my FO "Shut the front door!"
Shawl looks good! Love the color.