Thursday, March 15, 2007

Not so idle




I had every intention of blocking the shawl today before work. I found this on the blocking surface instead. I'll do it after work tonight when the prime sleeping spot is our bed.

I have been busy with projects since finishing the shawl. Most of my time has been doing housework...cleaning, filling the new pantry, cooking, grocery shopping. But in my restful periods have been occupied with my quest to complete existing projects. The shawl now finished (knitting part at least) and the table and chairs. Now on to the squares...

These squares were crocheted by Robyne's late Grandmother. This 95 year old woman was a crocheting machine. I've complete 5 blankets in the last week. I have 5 maybe 6 left in the pile you see. Loki is not too happy about this project because it takes up my lap. So she will sit on each blanket after it is done (or before) to let it know who is boss.

I've given myself until April 1st to finish these projects that have been hanging around for a while. The list also includes my mending pile, sanding, staining, and sealing a dresser (once my love has finished readying it), repairing my WonderWoman purse, repairing my Mum's big black tote bag and possibly something else I am forgetting.

Then on with the selfish knitting.

1 comment:

Obsidian Kitten said...

great kitty pics! (i love that they're so helpful...all my knitting has to be done over Emma's back...then the finished product is laced with red, black, and blonde cat hair...lol)

what a fantastic collection of squares! crocheting machine is right!
how cool that you're putting them all together. i'm sure she'd be really, really pleased.