Friday, March 17, 2006

*sigh*

I was psycho-ADD girl today. I could not focus at work at all, and it doesn't help that I hate my friggin job. I hate my job so much and I am totally ashamed of working there. I am a talented artist (or so I am told. I am very self critical) and I shouldn't be stuck in some sucky retail job. And the only reason I am there is for the health insurance. If the boy got a job that had coverage to include me that wouldn't cost us $600 a month I would be so out of there. I don't know how much more I can take it. If I can do this:







And this:




Then why am I stuck dealing with horrible people who can't make a decision, read a simple sign, or brush their teeth? (Seriously I'm really going to stop waiting on people with bad breath and who haven't showered. I should NOT smell you coming from two aisles away!!! Come on people!!!)

*sigh* Ok I'm done venting. I'm just horribly depressed about my work situation. I need to go draw or knit or something involving creativity and a glass of wine.


***********TIME PASSES***********
Sorry about that (sorta...not enough to delete it). I hate my job and I really miss painting. I miss it like a drug...I really do....and I just don't know what the fuck to do about it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I know and admire your painting skills well, and really hope that you'll be able to find a way to make them a bigger part of your life. This can be really hard. I was a secretary until I was 29, and then bit the bullet and pursued painting seriously.

I never saw that great picture of your green and white marble. Did you climb up into the catwalk to get the shot?

Gothknits said...

Thanks Lisa! I can always rely on you making me feel good about my work and my struggles with it.

Oh and it was more of a HANGING out of the catwalks to get it, but it was worth it. I love how the furniture looks almost dollhouse like.