Friday, March 24, 2006

*sick* day

I took a sick day today. Its not so much that I am physically ill (though I don't feel so fabulous) it is more of a mental health day. My scenic professor in college taught me about these. We were give three mental health days per class per semester. We could walk into class (or call) and say we were taking a mental health day. It was a way to miss class without being penalized. I remember walking into class one day, he took one look at me and told me that I was taking a mental health day. I think I had slept in the theatre the night before. So...I'm on a mental health day.
I was going to blog earlier but I was faced with this:
I'm such a sucker I can't move her when she is like this (plus she tends to weigh about 5,000 pounds when she's like this. I should know, I'm the one she sleeps on).


So instead I hit the library and grabbed a few books:
  • The Procrastinator's Handbook by Rita Emmet (Do I really need to say why?)
  • Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire (the sequel to Wicked)
  • The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates (for the library's First Tuesday's book club. I've never done a book club before but I figured what the hell. Especially since I'd really like to get hired by this library, so it can't hurt to join in a bit)
  • The Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee (I missed her visit to the spinning guild and was completely bummed. I was so excited to see our library had this book. Chris swears by it. I can't wait to get into it)
hit the Goodwill:
  • 2 pairs of Gap jeans (This is my dilemma. I HATE the Gap and all they stand for. Unfortuantely their jeans fit me just shy of perfectly and I have a hell of a time finding pants that fit. I resolve all this by only buying them from thrift stores. So if you see any Gap size 6, snag them for me and I will pay you cost plus cookies. I'm wearing them out faster than I can find them.)
  • The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (who doesn't love great literature at $.59)
  • Carrie by Stephen King (if you don't know why scroll down through my posts. You'll know the picture when you get to it.)
  • The Tale of a Body Thief by Anne Rice (the one we are missing from my vampire collection. )
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (to replace the one I left on the plane on our honeymoon. A book I would read about once a year or so.)
and the grocery store:
  • pizza dough
  • shredded cheese
  • milk (for the boy. I don't drink the stuff)
  • Wheaties (to go with the milk)
  • sour cream (for his birthday cheesecake. he's 30 tomorrow hehehe)
Now that I am fed and the cheesecake is in the oven, here I sit...forgetting everything I had meant to say.

oh I was going to show the paintings that I did and are finally getting around to mailing to my nephews... (and I would if they would show up....uploaded them twice...where the hell are they??!!?!?!?!) grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a great day off. I need a mental health month. Or year maybe.

See you tonight! :)

Lisa said...

Please wish your Sweet Boy a very, very happy birthday!!!