It was a rather productive day off. I slept in, went grocery shopping, made soup, froze all the meat I bought, had lunch, sanded the back room, showered, made sushi for dinner and then went to stitch and bitch. Not bad for one day.
The soup I made was this fantastic "New York Deli" Borcht. I know everyone is thinking "Ewwwwwwwww.....borcht" but this recipe is wonderful. Unlike traditional Polish borcht it doesn't include game or any meat at all. The only ingrediants are beets, water, carrots, lemon juice, a clove of garlic, salt and pepper. Its light and tangy. It is also this electric fuchsia color that just feels like spring.
I worked more on Kyoto at snb. I'm nearly done with the back...less than an inch then the shoulder shaping. Then there is the right front to finish. I won't let myself start anything else until I finish this, even though I am itching to do about a dozen other pieces. I NEED to complete something for myself. The only real issue that lies before me is that I have nowhere to block it. I ususally block on the extra twin beds in the back room...but those are dismantled in the garage until the room is done. *sigh*
Speaking of the room it is coming along nicely. I did the last big sand today. I circled a few spots that need a bit more JC and then I hope to prime the first coat Friday night. I'm going to send the boy (yes that's my name for my love) in to circle anything he sees. Then I'm done. I tend to get psychotically anal about the smoothness of the walls. The inside corners drive me nuts, but since any children I may have will probably spend a lot of time staring at them, I think they should look halfway decent. We are narrowing in on colors. Some nice soft greengs. We also ordered the floor on Saturday. Much lighter oak than I prefer but the room tends to be very dark and the wood will darken with age. I'll post the colors when we make the final decisions. I can't post pictures of the room unpainted because it will give me one more thing to scrutinize.
But I will give you one of a past knitting project. This came about when a friend complained about the lack of WonderWoman fabric. She made a Spiderman quilt for her husband, but couldn't do anything WonderWoman for herself. So I created this:
The pattern is all my own and my first real foray in intarsia. I do need to make one for myself one of these days. Especially since I own adult WonderWoman underwear, have a WonderWoman purse, and still possess my orginal Underoos.
So there you go...I do actually finish some things.