Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

10 Things You Always Have In Your Car

Ah my car. My poor, poor car. I love my Saturn but it's state, like the house, is at the mercy of the Desctructive Duo.

  1. First aid kit- a must. I found a great one at Target years ago and it tucks nicely under the back seat.
  2. Carseats- Obviously. The kids are far enough apart in age and size that as Little Dude outgrows his seat, Little Miss is ready for it. That has helped alot. The seats, however, have rendered my car unable to take on extra passengers...unless you are willing to get squished between the two seats. I will usually render up shotgun and sit between the kids. Being of petite stature, it is eaisiest for me. 
  3. Tissues- For at all times someone has a runny nose due to cold and/or allergies. 
  4. Bluetooth earpiece- it's the law. 
  5. A mini flashlight- you never know when you may need a little light on the situation. Usually it spends it's time occupying Little Dude on the ride home. 
  6. Mints-because, well, sometimes you need a little freshing up. Especially after a garlic laden meal.
  7. Reusable grocery bags- unless we've fogotten to bring them back out to the car. They come in handy for a lot of other things as well. 
  8. Stroller- we love our umbrella stroller. It's a Maclaren Volo and has held up beautifully through two kids.
  9. Work stuff- either my tool box, tool bag, or just a roller tray and some brushes. I tend to always have some tools of my trade in my car. You never know when your scenic skills will save the day. 
  10. Sharpies- because you never know when you may need one. Just hide them from the kids. 

I'm home sick today. Friday I had the rug pulled out from under me medically and I'm still processesing. And I'm in the throws of wrapping up this project. Excepting one night when I fell asleep with the kids, I've not been to bed before midnight for almost a month now. Soon...soon I can breathe again. And knit again. And sleep.
And speaking of sleep, I think it's time for another nap.

No comments: