Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's a fresh new year and a fresh new baktun. I can't say that I will miss the last year. 2012 was not a fabulous year in our world, and not just because of all the morons who thought that the world was going to end. The year started out symptoms that lead to my MS diagnosis in March. It has been a whirlwind year of doctors, tests, drugs and therapy. Tweaking meds until we find the right dose. Needles and more needles. (I don't like needles). Just when I feel like I'm reaching some sort of new normal, the rug gets pulled out from under me. I became JC positive, which means my treatment could have fatal complications. So now more MRI's, because who doesn't want more MRI's. And my last MRI shows that it's working, sortof. Most lesions have halted, but one hasn't. Not quite sure what it means. My treatment also meant that I had to wean Little Miss at short notice. At work, the end of last season could only be described as a clusterfuck, and this year didn't start out much better. They changed our insurance plans, which they announced that same week as the recommendations for major cuts across the University came out. Once again, for the third year running, I was unemployed all summer. Little Dude's lottery number for the magnet school meant that he didn't get in and we continued to pay daycare costs that are more than our mortgage. The roof still didn't get replaced and the upstairs didn't get completed. My laptop died, we had it repaired and it died again. The cars have crapped out on us numerous times. Any extra money we've managed to accrue, has been eaten away by surprise expenses, often within a day's time. Newtown. Numerous hardships in our circle of friends and families. And to end the year on a high note, we discovered on Saturday that the kids picked up head-lice at school.  

Yeah, it was one of those kind of years. But it's time to shake that off, take a deep breathe and move on forward. And part of that is going to be this blog. It's gone through a bit of an identity crisis lately and I think I know where I'd like it to go. There's a lot coming in the new year that I want to talk about. So expect more posts and some visual changes as well.

I hope you all have wonderful year this year.

No comments: