Saturday, September 29, 2007

Busy Bee

I've been a crazy busy bee lately.

Last weekend was The Painted Sheep debut at the Fiber Twist. I helped Kris with the set up and painted her a sign for the booth. Check out her blog, she tells the tale better than I can. Check her stuff out. It's lovely. She graciously let me have a skein for my help. I took this beauty.

The Painted Sock Autumn

Mmmm...sock yarn. Can you tell my color mood is yearning for fall? I had little cash on hand for the market. I had to limit myself to some shallots, fruit chutney, and organic garlic butter.

This week it has been mostly about Macbeth. Check out Footprints in the Sky for more details. Monday was our production meeting and the first time I saw designs. Since then it has been trying to get started despite some disasters. And the first person who says its the curse of the play will get stabbed. There has been a bit of sleuthing going on to get the whole story but here's a run down. When we set up for the meeting Monday we noticed it smelled a bit musty in the basement. We noticed some water stains on a big box down there, which is not all that uncommon. I also noticed all my buckets had been stacked weird. No big deal...on with the meeting. At one point we were discussing materials and the muslin required for the show was mentioned. The Technical Director reminded us of the big box of it in the basement. OH CRAP! Down we go and sure enough...something like 500-600 yards of muslin was mildewed. Like get the hazmat suits nasty mildew. No one has any clue what happened....until now. Apparently some one working at the school set off the sprinkler system in the basement and attempted to clean it up themselves. They didn't tell anyone. Now mind you the basement is where we store all our lighting equipment not in the air, all my paint supplies, some past drops, carpet runners for the winter, and our new (wall mounted) dimmer racks. We have yet to determine the complete extent of the damage. I salvaged some muslin to get started on projects but I had to wash it. I should have ironed the eye drop before putting it down. The starch didn't get rid of all the wrinkles.

I'm still plugging away on my second red boot sock. I had some books to finish reading before taking them back to the library.

I guess that's all for now. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Oh we bought our new fridge today but the sexy beast won't be here till next week. Well I'm off to knit and watch a movie with the boy.

1 comment:

Susan Ripley said...

Hi,

My name is Susan Ripley and I apologize if you have already received this message from myself or an associate. I am gathering knitting and crochet patterns for the 2009 Pattern-A-Day Calendars from Accord Publishing. I am contacting you today in the hopes that you will submit a pattern or hang the attached flyer somewhere in your store or post it to your website / BLOG /pod cast to let your customers and friends know about the design contest and the chance to get their designs published. You could also email the flyer if you have a mailing list. Patterns are accepted from individuals, shops, charities and yarn companies. There are no restrictions and the patterns can also be something that is currently being distributed for free. You maintain all ownership – you just give us permission to print and distribute.

Some of the yarn shops that have worked with us in the past have also offered fun pattern design/writing classes. This is a great way to get customers into your store while taking advantage of this great contest. $500 will be awarded as First place for both calendars; there are also 2nd and 3rd place prizes; and all contributors whose patterns are used will receive a 2009 calendar.

In addition, it can be great advertising. Every pattern you submit will have a credit to the designer along with a link to their website or blog. If you are a yarn company or store, your store name is listed as well as the designer’s name.

Please go to our website at http://www.knittingpatternaday.com and learn more about the submission requirements and our contest. The contest deadline is December 15th, 2007. If you have any questions, please contact me and I will gladly answer your questions. If your email program stripped the PDF, you can download the flyer at http://knittingpatternaday.com/images/designcontest.pdf

Thanks,
Susan Ripley

--------------
Susan Ripley, Creative Director

Ripley Designs, Inc
1860 Sandy Plains Rd
Suite 204-186
Marietta GA 30066

phone: 678-540-9205
fax: 678-302-9965
cell: 404-964-5882

website: http://www.ripleydesigns.com
“Providing graphic and web design services to the Atlanta area.”