Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pies!

I had every intention of blogging yesterday but I was in pie making mode. All of that also included a huge trip to the grocery store. Unfortunately the guy bagging my groceries cracked the bottle of sour mix. I poured it off into another bottle but it wasn't big enough for all of it so I was forced to have a few whiskey sours while baking. Ah, the sacrifices I make.
The pies are a big deal this year because last year there were none. The oven decided to die 2 days before Thanksgiving. It would do that every now and then but this time it was forever. Luckily the stove top still worked, and even better we weren't expecting guests. We survived however...I got a small turkey breast and cooked it in the crock-pot. Everything else was done on the stove or in the toaster oven.

But not this year...this year we have a HUGE turkey and a shiny new oven. So we have pies.

I also have pics of the kittens to post, but unfortunately I have to work tonight...

No comments: