Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

10 Favorite Things That Are Green

This was a tougher task than I thought it would be. I had pondered money as an answer but it truly doesn't qualify as one of my favorite things. I love having money but I hate the necessity of it. Money can do horrible things to people and make people do horrible things. I just couldn't rightly call it one of my favorite things. But here are the things that are my favorites amongst the greener hues.


Granny Smith Apples- my preferred apple. Not just for baking, and the smaller and more 'monster blood' the green the better the eating.



Green Grapes- My favorite snack when I was kid (perhaps explains my preference for white wines). I've expanded my grape repertoire since then but if I remember correctly, these are the only type of grapes I would eat as a kid.


Mint- I love mint. I still balk at mint tea but only because I now associate it with morning sickness. I love the smell and the taste and the tingle of it. And it pairs perfectly with dark chocolate, so what's not to love.


 Lime- And not just in gin and tonic. When out to eat I often request lime in my water rather than lemon.



Forest ferns- there is just something so beautiful about a deep lush forest blanketed with green ferns. *sigh* Now I want to go camping.




Emeralds- The deeper, the darker the better. I have no occasion to wear it, but I love my sparkle.



Leafy Greens- as in the kind you eat. I love salads full of exotic and rich dark greens. No iceberg lettuce for me. My favorite soup is seasoned perfectly with turnip greens. They are so good and so versatile.


Peacocks- varying shades of iridescent greens. Simply beautiful.



 Green Hornet- I love this movie. Stupid fun but it's one I turn to when I'm having a bad day.


 
 Green Day- Love the music and oh, Billie Joe...you may be an idiot but I love looking at you.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I agree about the ferns! They make me so happy!