Thursday, April 05, 2007

So now what...

Now that my month of finishing projects (no I didn't get everything done...just the major ones) is over it's time for some selfish knitting. I've been having trouble on where to start and then yesterday I just picked up my needles. This is a ribwarmer from Vogue knitting fall 2006. Just a little something to get me started. It is a very easy cable pattern that doesn't require intense attention.

I'm using Cascade 220 and actually getting gauge. Its an odd pattern, knit all in one piece. I'm still not clear on the mechanics of how it goes together but that should clear itself up once I get further along (I hope). I know the color doesn't show off the cables very well but its something that I have enough of in stash that knits to gauge. What you see above is from one night of knitting. I'm rather excited...I hope it fits.

Below is the beginnings of my tulips...I hope they make it this year...it's a battle between me and the damn squirrels who decapitate my flowers just for fun. If you look close you can see some of the little onions that grow all over my yard. The bit of blue is the hatchway doors to our basement. The front door is the same color.


1 comment:

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, that ribwarmer is so cool. can't wait to see the finished product!