Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What I really want for Christmas...

is a homing device for my mug of tea. Damn thing keeps hiding on me!


I know I've been quiet lately. I've been a bit of a wreck and not in the right mind to post. I found out last week that my Dad (who is the coolest Dad in the world, btw) needs open heart surgery for multiple bypasses. So I've been crying on and off consistently since then. His family doesn't have the best track record for heart stuff. His parents both died young. My aunt died at 49. My uncle had a bypass last year. And everyone is on meds for heart disease. Plus the timing has my morbid sense of doom activated since everyone in my life tends to die this time of year.

So what I really REALLY want is my Daddy to be ok. I'd even give up my stash for that.

(have to go...crying again)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Paula. I'm so sorry to hear this about your Dad. I will keep thinking good thoughts for him and his speedy recovery from the surgery. Hang in there!

Lisa said...

A huge big hug from Lisa. My dad is in the midst of chemo, but I haven't spoken much about it.

Major surgeries are not nearly as scary as they used to be. Heart health can be managed, now-a-days.

Lots and lots and lots of love,
Lisa

Jenny said...

Oh, P. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm with Lisa, though; heart surgery is way less scary these days. Let him know all your knitter friends are thinking about him!

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, what sucky holiday news =(

my dad (who is now 66) had bypass surgery two years ago. not great heart health in our family either, although his mom, my grandma (the one i write about all the time who just turned 89) has been on meds for her heart for ages and my dad's father had a bypass in his 70s and then lived for another, oh, 15+ years, playing doubles tennis with his 80+ year-old buddies 4 or so times a week! crazy!

it was scary, but my dad's back doing all the things he used to do, working on the farm, climbing up and trimming trees (don't tell mom), scaling roofs (ditto with mom), building and fixing things, gardening, tennis...so i wish your dad the swiftest of procedures and the speediest of recoveries! we'll all be pulling for him!!!