Thursday, August 31, 2006

Its Deja Vu all over again.

Well I decided to bite the bullet and reknit the shawl. It is actually going quite well. I dropped down two needle sizes and doing my best to knit tighter. Normally I knit quite loose. I started Sunday and I'm already into chart four. I'm knitting off of the old shawl instead of frogging the whole thing at once. I'm not even past the ruffles yet. I think I have enough for another (different of course) shawl in there! I also think it is going faster because I know the pattern now. The repeats are very familiar to me and I find myself having to consult the chart less. I'm also not doing it in front of the TV, but while listening to books on tape. First was Vittorio the Vampire, now I'm onto The Devil Wears Prada. In the wings waits Emma and Mansfield Park. Unfortunately the last two are abridged (the first two aren't despite the links), but the library had slim pickings.

I helps that I'm home sick for much of this week too. Since my boss is back I told work that I was taking time off to recover. I nearly ended up in the hospital the end of last week. My body just wouldn't rehydrate, not until the antibiotics started kicking the sinus infection. Now I'm left with this nasty cough and chest pain. I've been sleeping for long stints and taking it easy the time I am up.

I'll have pictures of the shawl and of my next project the next post. I currently have no clue where the camera is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *love* books on tape - especially for my drive to work.

I reccomend: V for Vendetta, Enders Game, and New Spring (Robert Jordan) for books on tape/cd that I've recently borrowed from the library.

Feel better soon!!

Jenny said...

Wow, you are a brave little toaster. I don't think I would have the strength.

Anonymous said...

Happy knitting! And I hope you feel better soon.

Lisa said...

Get well soon.

And enjoy your shawl auto-cannibalism.