Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

Today's Ten on Tuesday is a timely one. I'm on the verge of taking a bunch of time off to get a handle on some of the house projects. So, today's ten: 10 Items On Your Spring To-Do List.

  1. Power wash the house- It needs it. Bad. Lots of green stuff growing on our siding. It just needs to be done. 
  2. Wash the windows- after power washing, this is the next step. Luckily I have the type of windows that fold in for cleaning. 
  3. Sand and finish mudding the upstairs hallway- I just want to get this done. I'm tired of half finished drywall.
  4. Paint said hallway- then hubby can put up the fan.
  5. Finish the drywall in the main hall- this is where there use to be two doors and now it's a wall. I've got to make it look good and then paint it. It's going to be my main picture wall for all the old family pictures. 
  6. Finish power hook up in the upstairs- this is on my geek-boy's list since I don't play with electricity. But it's at the top of my list because then I can start finishing up there. 
  7. Work on the flower beds- I've started this. We're using the mulch created by grinding out our stump for the beds. We're creating a new one along the back fence line, and when we replace the other window well, I'll tie together the front bed and the back one. (how's that for a run-on sentence?)
  8. Replace the last window well- hubby has done the other two, so this might be more on his list than mine, but it needs to just get done.
  9. Raised vegetable beds- I need to figure out placement, build and then get it ready for planting. 
  10. Wash and put out all the out door paraphernalia- chairs, table, fire pit etc... basically set it up for a summer of fun. 
Lots to do. And lots more after that. I better get going. Especially on the projects leading me to having my own studio space. I have some big plans for the future, but I need my evil lair before I can implement them.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

And best wishes to my best friend who is off to give birth to her son! Good luck!

No comments: