Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

Today's topic:  10 Movies I Want to See Right Now 
(but won't because I have two kids, no money, and limited babysitting options)
Honestly I can't remember the last movie that I saw in the theatre. I'm thinking it was The Dark Knight, so that should tell you something. Frankly, I don't even know what's playing now so I'll list 10 movies I want to see in the theatre. I'm trying to keep this to things released recently.

  1. Melancholia- I fell in love with this from the trailer. It seems so visually beautiful. I like Kirsten Dunst and I find the whole thing just very intriguing.
  2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- I recently listened to the audiobooks of the whole Millennium series. If you've not read them, get your butt to the library and get your hands on them. They are excellent. I'm curious to see how it translates to the screen. I'm already not thrilled with the casting of Christopher Plummer as Henrik Vanger. What little I saw of him in the trailer doesn't work for me, but that won't stop me from seeing the movie. 
  3. Underworld: Awakening - I like this series and I love my vampires. I like that this series goes into the origins of werewolves and vampires.
  4. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - yeah, so it might not be true by the book Sherlock, but the first movie was fun and enjoyable. And Jude Law was just dashing. 
  5. The Artist- I can't resist a period piece. Plus I've heard good things and I adore old black and white movies.
  6. Hugo - I can't think of a reason not to see this one.
  7. The Muppets- well duh! It's the Muppets. We were considering this as Little Dude's first theatre movie but he still doesn't seem quite ready yet.
  8. The Ides of March- strangely enough, I really do enjoy a political thriller. Especially in an election year. 
  9. Jane Eyre- a book I have read over and over and over. I've yet to see a movie version I really like.
  10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- before I had kids I'd see these movies on opening night. I adore the books. I'm so-so on the movies. The books set a very high bar. I don't like some of the choices the movies have made but they are enjoyable nonetheless. 
So there it is. 

No comments: