Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Ishbel

So I finished a project for myself....and I love it. You know, I could get used to this knitting for myself thing. Here she is.

DSC_0446

Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda
Yarn: Ball and Skein Super Sock 416 in Atlantic

DSC_0451



Thoughts: I love this pattern. I did the small stockinette section and the large lace, which left me a small amount of yarn left. Perhaps enough for some baby socks. I did the lace without a lifeline and had a few mishaps but nothing major. I had pulled out the needle on accident at one point, dropping maybe a dozen or so stitches, but they were easily recovered. I did have to do some tinking to deal with some mystery stitches (both appearing and disappearing ones) but nothing too drastic. I would definitely knit this one again.

DSC_0452

DSC_0448

DSC_0447

I have some more of this yarn in a different colorway that is going be yet another Ysolda shawl. I'm also looking to start the Eva raglan pull by KatyTricot...but there are some issues with the English version of the pattern. I've written a few people on Ravelry for insight. I really have to say though, if it were my design and there were a bunch of questions posted about my pattern, I'd put the damn information on the main page. If enough people are having issues, there is obviously needed information that needs to be made readily available. I may just give up on this one and jump right into the Tilted Duster. The only thing is that I'm not sure I have enough of anything in stash for it.

On the Foliage front I'm arranging some trades on Ravelry so that I have enough boot socks for work this winter. I'll have to find a replacement yarn.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Its gorgeous! Congrats.. lace still intimidates the sh*t out of me.

Gothknits said...

Thanks!
You know, this would be a good starter lace project. It really isn't that complicated and has a nice rhythm to it.

This pattern helped me like charts more than written directions, that's for sure.