Oh, how I love Halloween!! I find that I can't buy our handing out candy until just before because someone *cough*myhusband*cough* starts eating it almost right away. I may or may not be guilty of removing our favorites from the candy cauldron for distribution.
I'm also starting to discover that Little Dude doesn't like a lot of candy. He's starting to like chocolate more, but wants nothing to do with anything mint. Oh well, more for us.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups- What's not to love. Bonus points for the dark chocolate ones. Really any form of peanut butter and chocolate are acceptable. Last year someone gave out these round ones with eyeball wrappers. They were amazing.
- Hershey's Special Dark- or any dark chocolate. Love the dark chocolate.
- Sweet Tarts- I prefer sour over sweet and these are the perfect blend.
- 1000 Grand bars- I only seem to remember these at Halloween. They are one of the first to disappear from our stash to distribute.
- Skor Bars- Yeah these get pilfered and hidden right away, in a location known only by me.
- Twix- either the caramel or peanut butter ones.Those seem to disappear from the cauldron too. Hrmmmm
- Milkyway Dark
- Starburst- I am addicted to these. I actually have to ration these to myself.
- York Peppermint Patties- Another that instantly disappears. I love mint and chocolate and I love it done well. These are done well.
When we were kids returning from trick-or-treating, we would dump out our pillowcases on the table and the trading would start. Here is a list of my top trade aways
- Mallow cups - ugh
- Whoppers- I don't like malted anything
- The fruity tootsie rolls- there is just something wrong about those
- Almond joy/Mounds- I only eat coconut right from the coconut
- Any black licorice
- Anything white chocolate- its not chocolate and is just nasty.