Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ten on Tuesday- Happy Happy

Wow...how did we go from it just being New Year's to more than halfway through the month??? I think the empty bottles of DayQuil and NyQuil littered at my feet might be a clue. Somewhere on January 2nd the sinus crud returned and my voice started to go. Within a day or two it moved into my chest and then it went downhill from there. The month has been a blur of normal life hampered by illness to a level that if it didn't directly relate to what I need to do to get paid or to keep the Minions alive and in school, it just didn't happen.

And that would lead us to todays Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things You Are Happy About Right Now

  1. Feeling like a functioning human being for the first time in weeks. I still have a residual cough, but I am a far cry from not being able to leave my bed. 
  2. The sun is shining- this cannot be under-appreciated by those in the depths of a North East winter who suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder.
  3. I've started crafting again- Little Miss received some dolls for Christmas. Dolls desperately in need of wardrobes. And since they aren't the standard size for doll clothing patterns, I'm getting a chance to really experiment with pattern drafting and alteration...on a much smaller scale. It is far less disheartening when the clothing doesn't fit at all when it is only about a square foot of fabric. I've scavenged scraps from the theatres' costume shops and look forward to having fun with this. I've also convinced Little Miss to wear the tube socks I knit for her, that she had a sudden aversion to because of "the lines"...also known as the ribbing that makes the socks possible. Now the pair she has is the first she grabs, so it is time to knit more. Plus the knitting and sewing queue that is tempting me now the Christmas tree is out of my sewing corner.
  4. I'm happy my eye/vision issues aren't as bad as they potentially could have been. And now I can add Nero-Ophthalmologist to my list of doctors whom I get to visit and banter with. (No, really. This guy is a pip)
  5. My crock-pot bouillabaisse came out pretty good. I've not had much luck with crock-pot recipes. I love the theory behind it, but it just doesn't work in my reality. Unless it is pot roast, it just seems to always become a mass of inedible crud. BUT the recipe out of The French Slow Cooker just might make regular rotation. It isn't a Throw-in-Pot-and-Leave-All-Day meal, but it is a good Stay-At-Home-and-Barely-Think-About-Dinner meal. And it is lovely left over for lunch.
  6. I have a drawer full of delicious holiday candy all had at 75% off. Peanut butter M&M's and mint truffle Hershsy's Kisses are my new guilty pleasure. 
  7. Downton Abbey
  8. I finally started reading the Outlander series. (Thank you Knitmore Girls)
  9. My husband doesn't have to work late. And shouldn't have to for a few weeks, at least.
  10. For the first time in, probably, months I can say that I am not gripped by depression. I can't even begin to say how amazing that feels. 

I would write more, but I must go paint a dragon head. (I love my job!)

No comments: