Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ten on Tuesday- Resurrecting Musicians

10 Musicians You Would Bring Back From the Dead.

Interesting list for this week. Not something I've really pondered before, or at least in depth. I think we've all had that moment of "Oh I wish I could have seen them perform" in our lives. But I've never really sat down to make a list....until now.

  1. Mozart- One of my first musical loves. And one that never fails to touch me.
  2. Freddie Mercury- I was in my freshman year of high school when he died and one of my first thoughts was sadness that I would never be able to see him in concert.
  3. Buddy Holly- someone we lost too soon
  4. Kurt Cobain- Yes. Nirvana was the music of my 'coming of age' years. And I still love it. No matter what you think about his life and his death, he had so much more to say musically that is lost forever.
  5. Johnny Cash- He didn't die young, and I don't think he every expected to live quite so long. Despite my aversion to country music, I grew up listening to The Man in Black and I love his work. Just not the Christmas album (oh all the gods in the pantheon...NOT the Christmas album). His covers of NIN's Hurt and U2's One just tear at me heart and soul. In a good way. That is what music should do.
  6. John Lennon- who is to say what would have come next for him. But there was no reason for him to go the way he did. 
  7. George Harrison
  8. Jimi Hendrix- I'd would love to see what he would create in his older years. 
  9. George Gershwin- another with so much more to say and do
  10. Beethoven- another composer who never fails to move the soul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picks! For me it would have been Duane Allman and Barry Oakley of the Allman Brothers Band.

KnittingKittens